Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ok, so I’m a totally slacking in the blog department. Getting back into a work and family routine has been keeping us very busy. Our girl has handled it all in stride. I decided to go with the home daycare because she only watches four kids. It has turned out to be a great choice for this first year. Saida loves all of the toys and the other kids. She was sad at first when I dropped her off and now she doesn’t even seem to notice when I leave! For me, I love teaching and learning with the kids, so it is worth it to be working. It keeps getting better every year. I think we are finding the balance and it feels good.

I’ve got a lot to update about but I’ll start with a very important day. On July 24th, we readopted Saida in our county court. For those of you who don’t know the ins and outs of international adoption, Saida came into the country on an IR-4 Visa. This meant that we did not see her prior to her adoption in Ethiopia and that she was granted permanent resident status upon entering the United States. The re-adoption legally made her a citizen and allowed us to get her a birth certificate and passport. It was also the legal name change. Here are some pics of this joyous day!





4 comments:

shelly said...

how cute!

lcm0709 said...

You guys look great, and happy. I am so glad everyone is adjusting and you have the readoption behind you. Hope to see you guys soon.

pat2006 said...

What adorable pictures! She's such a cutie!!!

Sparkz said...

that is exciting! I might have questions for you with this someday! :)