Sunday, November 18, 2007

Getting Ready

We are getting ready to drive down to Florida to see my family for Thanksgiving. Fortunately, it feels like we are finally recovered from all the illnesses that crept upon us. To say the least, it was a whirlwind with the last placement. It was really hard because the baby stopped sleeping through the night and was depressed. It seemed like she had a close bond with her family. When I talked to them I found out she stayed home with her grandmother. Hence, daycare was not a fun experience for her. It did get better towards the end and she probably would have adjusted. It just goes to remind me how different every child is in how they deal with loss. These are great lessons for me as an adoptive parent because I am prepared for anything. With Kay, it was such an easy adjustment but I can’t expect that every time; this little girl reminded me of that. They moved her back home last week. I was happy she could be reunited with her family. I just hope they take better care of her and I pray no harm ever falls on her because of her mother’s neglectfulness. We are moving on and getting ready for the holidays. Our foster son will be with his dad and sister. Then he will be with us for two more weeks before his court case to go home. I really can’t believe he is going home for good. The case worker thinks that they will require him to stay until the school break. Of course, I wouldn’t mind! I also wouldn’t be surprised if they say he can go home December 7th. I will try to be prepared either way.

1 comment:

Scott and Emily Lydick said...

hi, it looks like we got on the waitlist right before you. very hard to wait, but luckily the holidays will keep us all busy. lydickfamily.blogspot.com