Thursday, January 17, 2008

15 Weeks and Waiting

We are into our 15th week of waiting. The beginning of January was difficult with R. gone but we are adjusting. We’ve rearranged the house and plan to spend some extra time with my mother-in-law. Hopefully we will hear something soon about the little babe. Every time I call my mom she has had a hopeful tone in her voice. I think she might be thinking about this baby as much as I am! I know it will be difficult even after the referral. Then we have to wait for a court day and pray it goes through. After that I will on pins and needles to get over there. I’m already really excited about the trip. In other news, we went to lunch with an Ethiopian adoption group last Saturday. It is a huge group and the people are all awesome. It is wonderful for us and will be wonderful for our children to have this group of people. The children were all beautiful, happy, and smiling!

5 comments:

Natalie Fournet said...

Enjoy your blog. Pray you get the call soon! 15 weeks---you are getting close!! Natalie

Shelly Roberts said...

Praying for you as you wait! ... it's not easy, huh?! :) Can't wait to see your story unfold!! :) Take Care, Shelly

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Hi! Just found your blog. We are also with Gladney and just started week 15 of waiting, too. Ugh!!! It wasn't so bad until after the holidays, but now I really want the call.

Hang in there, hopefully it won't be much longer.

Sharon

mama becca said...

You guys seem great! I just read through some of your story. What an adventure you've been on. We just received our referral after waiting 15+ weeks. Hang in there... it's coming. Waiting is so, so hard. Now we're waiting for a court date to bring our son home. The state of limbo is hard, but I trust God's timing and I'm (trying) to rest in that!
Yall take care...
becca albertson

Tara said...

We have to have some good news coming this week...right?? I feel it in my bones...although I am pretty sure that I have felt this way for weeks. :)