Friday, January 4, 2008

3 Months and Other Updates

Yesterday was 3 months of waiting. Wednesday was 13 weeks.

I don’t even know where to start. It has been crazy around here but it is slowing down. This may or may not be a good thing! Our foster son is home with his dad for good and I just can’t believe it yet. His room is empty, his toys are gone, but it still feels like he is coming back. I know when school starts it will really hit me. I was very upset the Friday he left and then we were off on vacation. The house has felt empty since we’ve been back.

Our trip was OK. We spent it with my husband’s family in New York and my little sister accompanied us. I love New York, just not in the winter!

This little baby has been on my mind big time. She most likely is born and we have no idea about her existence in the universe yet. It is killing me. I hope and pray that she is safe and healthy and loved. I’ve been getting my hopes up that we will find out about the baby soon. Many people from our agency have gotten their referrals and they have been waiting about the same time as us. I haven’t called our agency but I read a blog of someone who did. The news is that it is taking about 5 months now. Urggghhh! I really think being a pessimist is a great thing sometimes. So it could be March 3rd, our fifth month. I’m sad about this but I’m going to stick to my original plan. We are going to enjoy being parentless if it kills us. We are going bask in the freedoms that come without having a child for a little more time. As C. says, it will happen when the time is right.

4 comments:

Handlyrics said...

Thanks for the update. It definately will happen when the time is right, but sometimes that doesnt make the wait easier! Hope to see you Saturday.

Jodi said...

My heart goes out to you and your husband as you wait for your match. I know the feeling well of waiting and waiting for something you want so badly it hurts. BUT, when you do get your referral you will be over the moon in love with your little girl (even more than you are now:) more than you can even imagine. It WILL be worth the wait!!! Hang in there!

Jodi

Drew Carey Show said...

I love your post. I remember the feeling so well. Then we got resigned to a feeling that it just wasn't going to happen for us -- and then whammo! we got our referral. You guys are close -- in striking distance! Looking forward to seeing who your precious angel is.

Laura said...

Hi! I just wanted to drop by and tell you how great it was to meet you guys on Saturday. It has been a very difficult week for us, as you can imagine, and Saturday was such a blessing to us.

I look forward to following along on your ride and can't wait to hear when you get your referral....and NO, biologicial is NOT better!

Stay in touch!

laura