Sunday, February 3, 2008

Here at four months

4 months
AKA
17 weeks
It has been really difficult to be patient during this process. I’ve come to the conclusion that this is because of my expectations. Being a constant blog watcher, I have seen others get their referrals at an earlier time. Although I kept telling myself not to expect to have the same luck, I’ve hoped for it anyway. It is hard being hopeful everyday and then nothing. No phone call and no idea what will be. At this point, the hope is dwindling out of me. It feels like it just isn’t going to happen anytime soon. I spoke with Natalie at Gladney this week. She is very understanding and answered some of my questions. She can’t tell me anything about our possible wait time except that they are still trying to keep the 3 to 5 month time frame. Of course this means things could go even longer than 5 months before we hear any news. It is hard to plan anything because we just don’t know what will happen. To be honest, I’m even a little afraid to set up the baby’s room. I don’t think I can look at it for the next few months. We have been staying with my mother-in-law. I keep saying that we don’t want her to be alone, but I just can’t stand our empty house.

Ok, enough of my pity party!! Our house was not that empty this weekend. Our foster son, R. and his sister came for a weekend visit. I didn’t even know how much I missed him until he was back. It felt like home again. We stayed at our house so they could play outside and with their games. Yesterday we went roller skating. They did not know how to skate, so there was a lot of falling down. R. requested sushi for dinner since his dad doesn’t eat that kind of food. It made me feel good that we’ve left our mark on him! He misses his friends, his old school, and day care. I do think he is adjusting well and enjoying being with his extended family. I hope he comes back soon!!

10 comments:

mama becca said...

Oh how I know the wait is hard. Be encouraged that a child is there for you, a child that you were meant to parent. Remember that there are a lot of things that must happen before the child can be officially referred to you. Keep on dreaming and knowing that it will happen... maybe just around the corner!
hang in there!
becca

Crazy Thorne's said...

Hi it is Pam over at Crazy Thorne's. I have many of the same feelings as you. I peek at your blog several times a day thinking you must have gotten your referral. I have even thought oh she had to have gotten it, but just hasnt had time to post about it. Your little one HAS to be introduced to you soon! Even the people who have gotten the "referral" seem to be waiting longer for court dates and also the dissapoinment of not making it through court. Sometimes I wonder if this is what God really wants us to be doing. I know in my heart the timing will be perfect but my flesh is constantly screaming like a teenager... THIS SUCKS!!!!!! Anyways... I will be praying for your referral to come this week.

Shelly Roberts said...

Right there with ya girl ..... I know the wait is so hard. We WILL BE REJOICING one day here before long. Keep on hangin' on ... your babe is waiting there for you, you just can't have any offical info yet. :) Cannot wait to hear of your news. Know that you aren't alone. Blessings, ~Shelly

Angie said...

i know it has to be pretty difficult being so close yet not quite there...i keep checking your blog and a few others i know are at this same timeframe, hoping to see you got your referral. it has to be any day now. we're thinking of you and wishing you peace. :-)

The Soucys said...

I'm checking your blog like crazy. I just KNOW you are going to get a referral soon! You are near the finish line. 4 months!
It's coming.....
:)
Jess

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

I am RIGHT THERE with you. I could have written this post. It IS incredibly hard and the feelings of dwindling hope certainly creep in. I had been putting some things on hold because of the upcoming adoption, but just last week, I decided to get involved in some of these things, otherwise I will go crazy. My husband challenged me, "We need to celebrate this present time we have, not just long for the future." Of course, my faith in our HUGE God is the surest thing I am holding on to.

Praying we both get our calls soon,
Sharon

Virginia said...

I just wanted to say I feel your pain! Remember the first time I met you, at our "ladies only" dinner? That night happened b/c I was about where you are, around the 4/5 month mark of waiting. It got really difficult for me then, especially for a few weeks and I couldn't take it anymore, I needed some friends who understood.. So, if you need us, we are here for you! That night helped me feel so much better and I was able to wait the remaining 2 months without going totally crazy.
Just let us know Dauray,
VA

Anonymous said...

We feel for you during this difficult time. We waited almost 21 weeks and at times it seemed unbearable. But we did get the call eventually and of course it was worth every second of the wait. It will happen for you very soon!
All the best from Lisa and Joe

Handlyrics said...

I am glad you have the chance to keep in contact with him.

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

It cannot possibly be much longer!!!!!
Hang in there!
Blessings,
Kristy