Yesterday was it!!
Natalie called to tell us about our (hopefully!) future daughter. She is 4 1/2 months old and the most beautiful thing I have ever laid my eyes on. We accepted the referral right away. She looks so healthy and happy. I know they are taking wonderful care of her at the Gladney center. To say the least, we are soooooo EXCITED!
About the call:
I got the call while driving home from the mall. I was with my mom who was up from Florida to help me get the baby's room together. I was not expecting it at all. About two weeks ago, my mom was saying how great it would be if we got the referral while she was here. I highly doubted that we would get the call on the one and only day she is here. I was shocked when the phone rang with the UNKNOWN caller ring and almost died when I heard Natalie's voice. I was in a state of disbelief when she said she had some exciting news. We conferenced Chris in, but had to wait because we weren't by the computer. We went straight home (trying to drive as safely as possible) to wait for Natalie to call us back at 5:00pm. My mom was hysterical! She had just had a dream about the baby and couldn't believe her luck at being with us. Chris picked up his mom and we were all together when Natalie called. It was about 5:15, as she was on another call. When we opened the email, it was pure joy. We already had reservations at a fancy restaurant (for my mother-in-law's birthday/Valentine's Day), so it was a perfect night of celebration!
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
28 comments:
Congratulations! Have a wonderful weekend of celebrating.
Rebecca
Congratulations! What a wonderful blessing. Praying you'll get a quick court date.
Blessings,
Debbie
Congrats to your family!!! I am so excited for you!
Awesome!!!!!!! I have been a little tired of checking out Gladney blogs lately since there has been no movement, and then this morning, thought I'd try again. So glad I did. Congratulations!!!
Take care,
Sharon
YEY!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! I am so happy I clicked on your blog on a Saturday. I thought we weren't going to see any referrals until next week. This is so awesome, I'm still crying! We're just thrilled for you. Enjoy the celebration!
That's awesome guys!!! Rejoicing with you!! Will be praying for a smooth transition now to a court date! Blessings, ~Shelly
Although you have no idea who we are, we've been following a lot of blogs, including yours, watching for referral time frames. We are only at 3 weeks on the wait list. I read your blog a few days ago and just checked back - CONGRATULATIONS! I tear up every time I read someone's referral posts! Perseverance! Go get your baby! -Susan
WOW! Congratulations! So excited to read about your story... what a great one you have!
Enjoy!
becca
So wonderful! How awesome that it all fell into place!
Chills, I tell ya! I got chills! What a great referral story and an amazing blessing that you both had your moms with you to share in the joy! Look forward to celebrating with you guys soon.
Laura
Wonderful news! Another beautiful in-town baby girl :-). I'm so thrilled for you guys.
Pat
Congratulations!! That is wonderful news!!
When do you think you will travel?
Laura
AHHHHHHHHHH...I am so excited for you! You must be on cloud nine!!! I can't wait to see her sweet face and to see you as a family together.
I am so excited for you!!!!!!! yeah. Congrats.
Congratulations!!!!!
-Renee & Geert's Sister Katie!
I recently came across your blog and just wanted to send along my congratulations!!! That's such exciting news!!!
Yippee! Congratulations!
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys! If you like to send me her picture I can check my pictures to see if I have any shots of her! wewillbringthemhome@gmail.com also feel free to shoot over any travel questions if you have any.
Renee
Hooray!!! So excited that you got your referral and can't wait until you can post pictures of your beauty. Here's hoping for a swift and successful court date and speedy travel! Have fun launching into the preparations! XOXO Carey
Congratulations!! What terrific news!
Ahhhhh....finally, a REFERRAL!
Yipppeeeee!
I'm so happy for you!
Congratualtions! :-)
Congrats!! What's an amazing blessing. :)
Woohoooo!
We are so happy for you!
Congrats!
Yay, congratulations, it sounds so perfect!
Congratulations! May the LORD continue to shine on you all!!!
I could have sworn I left a celebratory comment, but I guess not... so... CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait until you're able to post a picture. It's such a rush watching new families come together. What a joy!
We just got back on Wednesday night. Email me her picture and I will look through my pictures and see if I happen to get one of her. Congratulations!!!
Amy
breedlove75@hotmail.com
Woo Hoo!! Congrats of your referral. :)
Post a Comment