Saturday, February 23, 2008
What's next??
Well, it has been a week since our referral. It has been a relief to finally have that picture and know some information about our future little girl. I’ve been asked by everyone, what will happen next? Also, when are you leaving? The next step in the process is to wait for a court date. When we accepted the referral last Friday, Natalie said she would inform the in country staff so that they can schedule a date. It is taking about a month to find out the date, which is usually a month from then. Doing the math, it will be about two months until a court date. This is a lot longer than we originally expected. Last spring, it was only about a month between referral and travel. How quickly things change in the world of adoption! I can only assume that this is because there are many more cases to hear as Ethiopian adoptions are growing in popularity. If the court date is successful the first time, we would leave about a month later. Many cases are postponed and rescheduled for a variety of reasons. Hopefully it will be about three months until we travel. I know that this will be the real wait. We are staying positive (so far) and trying to remain patient. I just hope everything works out and she stays happy and healthy at The Gladney Foster Home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrat congrats on the referral of your sweety!!!! I bet you guys are on cloud nine and LOVING it! We will definitely be praying for a quick court date!
And regarding your comment on my post- yay! I hope you do end up using the cloth diapers...my husband and I have gotten really excited about them and feel like it will be a good fit for us- and hopefully you too!
Indeed, this is the longest part of the wait. But what a joy to have a name and a face to prepare for! I hope it provides some small consolation that your daughter is receiving such love and care at the Gladney foster home. I remember almost feeling guilty taking Zoe away. I hope you get a quick court date and can travel quickly too. Ours came unexpectedly fast, so it could happen! Wishing you the very best... XOXO Carey
Congrats on the news.
Post a Comment