Sunday, March 16, 2008

Baby Updates!

So my plan to post this week almost got thwarted with the tornado that blew through town this weekend. The power went off on Friday night. Luckily we escaped to my mother-in-law’s house. It is back two days later. Luckily we didn’t have any damage to our house. It did leave many trees down around the area. Interestingly enough the power never went off at my mother-in-law’s even though she is a mere mile from the hardest hit part of the city. Anyway, here we are at our fourth week of waiting for a court date. I’ve been going crazy lately, as I am aware that many of our blog friends have been waiting about 8 weeks and still have not heard anything about their court dates. This makes me incredibly sad. We have gotten 1 update so far from Gladney with a new picture. But more exciting, is our most recent update (we got it today!!) from a fellow Gladney family, the Atwoods, that traveled to pick up their son. They did us an amazing favor by bringing the baby a care package from us to Ethiopia and taking some pictures of the little angel for us. She had her new bear, blanket, and pictures of us with her in the photos. Thank you, Atwoods! Both of the comments we’ve received about her mention her gorgeous eyes. I have to say, she really is so beautiful. The Gladney representative said she was a very sweet and calm baby. That sounds wonderful to me! This has brightened my day and left me more hopeful. I am just so thankful for this whole experience and hope that we can have that baby in our arms sooner rather than later.

3 comments:

mama becca said...

Here's hoping for a court date soon! We waited a long time and it's no fun. But it will come!!!
Hang in there...
becca

Keva said...

I am so glad you liked the photos. She truly is beautiful. I hope you hear something soon about court. Hang in there I know it is hard. Glad we could make your day a little brighter.

pat2006 said...

Hang in there. I'm thinking about you guys!