Less than one week before we leave for Ethiopia!!! I can’t wait and yet we have so much to do. Our belongings are strewn through the house. We have packed our humanitarian aid (diapers, wipes, AD ointment) and the suitcase feels like it weighs over a hundred pounds. We booked our tickets right away and were able to get a room at the
New Flower Guest House. We have a shared bathroom and I’m a little nervous about that. Normally, I wouldn’t mind but I have a track record for getting really sick on vacations. We are going to give it a try because they seem very on top of things. They were the only place we could get in touch with when we were looking for a place to stay. My husband’s friend at work is from Ethiopia. His mom owns another guest house in the neighborhood we are staying. What a small world! Anyway, they may also have availability in case we can’t deal. Check back because we will be trying to update in Ethiopia!
In all of this craziness, I can’t stop thinking about our sweet girl and what it will be like to meet her. I am so thankful for this whole journey. One of the great things through this process has been receiving updates from traveling families. If anyone has a child at the Gladney Foster Home, we would love to take some pictures for you. Just leave a message or email us (
dauray@gmail.com) with some info and we would be glad to pass on the favor.
Here are some pics we got from the Atwoods. They were some of our favorites!


Ok, I’m off to finish my adoption training (yes, we did wait till the last minute to do this!) and our packing!
9 comments:
Yeh, good luck to you on your trip! We took acidopholis(?) tablets and also used grapefruit seed extract in our bottled water and we were fine the whole time we were in Ethiopia... Hope its not too late to get some if you haven't already...
God bless you on your journey.
Kristin
www.irishopian.blogspot.com
I saw this guest house when I was researching places to stay...it looks very nice. I will be interested to hear about your experience. Your little girl is such a doll!
Wow, how cool! Congratulations!!! She is so beautiful! Good luck to you guys on your trip and keep us updated. She's going to be so lucky to have such great parents!
I have tears in my eyes! It is funny I was just thinking of you the other day and about how you have always wanted to adopt from Ethiopia and I was wondering how that was going for you. I am so overjoyed to hear that your dream has come true. Are you registered anywhere? Do you need anything? I love you both and will be thinking of you on your journey.
Love and Hugs,
Tiffany Clementi
I have tears in my eyes! It is funny I was just thinking of you the other day and about how you have always wanted to adopt from Ethiopia and I was wondering how that was going for you. I am so overjoyed to hear that your dream has come true. Are you registered anywhere? Do you need anything? I love you both and will be thinking of you on your journey.
Love and Hugs,
Tiffany Clementi
Great pictures, who is photographer (;
We also stayed at the NFGH and had to share a bathroom. Are you in the main house? If you have any spare room I would bring a few towels and hand towels. They only seemed to have a few stiff itchy towels and NO hand towels or wash clothes.
Also if they are not crowed you may have the bathroom all to yourself. When we were there the first week it was kinda slow, so we had the BR to ourself, then the next week it filled up (the house not the BR) and with everyones schedules being different it never seemed to be an issue.
The staff there and the house was just what we needed. We are social people and needed somewhere to hang out other than the room. It was great.
Let me know if you need to know anyhting about your travels or the house.
Hi there!
So glad you all are almost united as a family- she is soooo beautiful. I wanted to offer my advice for travel- when I'm in developing nations, I take that water rule very strictly... only use bottled water for everything, even brushing teeth. I have another rule and now that I've adopted it I never get sick... don't eat anything raw... no raw fruits or veggies. Makes you eat bland and boring, but you won't get sick!!!
hope that helps- have a GREAT time!!!
becca
Oh my, this little girl is yours???
I thought she was the most beautiful baby there. Seriously.
We have pictures if you want us to send them. Just go to my blog and my email is on it. But, you may be leaving REAL soon, so might not get to it. If you have time, I would love to send them your way. I do know I have a few of your beauty.
She is beyond beautiful. Striking. I hear your joy in the words you write and cannot wait to see the beaming parents with their bundle of joy!
Safe and blessed travels.
Laura :)
www.nosmallfeat.typepad.com
Post a Comment