Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Home Stretch!

Unexpectedly, we became parents today!! I’m still in a state of shock. Our court date (or so we thought) was scheduled for tomorrow. Of course, when the phone rang with the special ring today I answered it figuring it was something last minute. I had all of my students with me as I heard the most fabulous news. Court was actually today and we made it. It was the best feeling ever to know that this beautiful child was ours…that’s right, we are now the proud parents of this sweet baby. This also means I can post pictures, so here she is…



I will try to post more later...or a slide show if I can figure it out!

25 comments:

MB said...

Congratulations!!!! She is beautiful!!!

coffeemom said...

OH!!!! SHe is beautiful!! I've been checkign your blog all day and then when I got your comment wanted to get back to you but didn't want to spoil your news...so SO glad to see this up!!! We travel the second week in May. You might get there before us! She is so beautiful, tiny, wonderful. You must be over the moon, I still am too! Happy happy day!!!!!

Natalie Fournet said...

Congratulations!!!!! She is beautiful!

Shelly Roberts said...

CONGRATS on this wonderfully surprising news!!! :) ~Shelly

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Oh congratulations!
We got our referral today for our two girls!!!!!!!
Yiippppeeeee

graceling said...

Oh my word! She is beautiful! Congratulations!

Angie said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! She is exquisite. Congratulations, Mom & Dad!!!!!!!!

-Samantha- said...

What great news! She is just beautiful. When will you be traveling?

Crazy Thorne's said...

Hip hip hooray! I am thrilled for you. She is absolutely wonderful. So glad you all passed. Our news wasnt so great, but hey maybe next week! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy Thorne's said...

Hip hip hooray! I am thrilled for you. She is absolutely wonderful. So glad you all passed. Our news wasnt so great, but hey maybe next week! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan and Chad said...

Beautiful - just amazing...blessings to you!

anne and mike said...

Congratulations! You guys got the most beautiful baby in Ethiopia!!
Anne

emily said...

She is just beautiful!! What a wonderful surprise:)

Angela said...

Your daughter is gorgeous. Congratulations!

pat2006 said...

What a precious face...just beautiful! Congratulations!

megan said...

She is beautiful!!!

Renee said...

Congratulations! What a little sweetie pie! I can't wait to meet her!
Renee

J, A, T and Y said...

Wow....she is so adorable. Congrats on your new little girl!!!

The Redman's said...

Congratulations!!! She's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

-Suzi Redman

Kimberly Baggett said...

oh my goodness! she is gorgeous! i am so thrilled for you! very soon you will be holding her in your arms! what a blessing!

whatever_heather said...

Oh, Dauray! She is just beautiful!
I can't wait to meet her at one of our gatherings. You guys must be so freaking excited. Love to all of you!!

lcm0709 said...

She's gorgeous!

MB said...

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful!!

Mom to many said...

Oh beautiful! Congratulations. I can't wait for our little pumpkin. Just found your blog and had to comment. Good luck to you and your trip. I can't wait to read more.

Quinn Girls said...

Congratulations!! What a cutie. Enjoy the ride.