Monday, October 8, 2007

Take backs

So I take this back from the last post:
Never knowing what happens to the children when they leave you.

We talked with Kai’s family!! I talked to her on the phone and she is such a big girl. Her parents have gotten a place and are waiting for her to come home. She is doing well with her cousin. She is so smart. She isn’t even three yet and she can say all the months of the year in this high pitched sweet little voice.
If you have no idea what I’m talking about, last year we had a 2 year old little girl stay with us for about 6 months. We fell in love, but we found out she had lots of family including her mom’s cousin who wanted to take care of her. It was REALLY difficult to say goodbye and I still think about her often. We actually spent Christmas morning with her mom and dad at our house. They were very nice people. Here is a pic of her...I mean who wouldn't fall head over heals for a cutie like that!!

3 comments:

Jesika said...

Hi guys,

Thanks for letting me be apart of your adoption process. I'm really excited and I know you guys will be great parents! I can already tell by watching you all with your foster son.

Renee said...

Hi,
I saw your post of the EthiopiaGAAdopt Board. My husband I are also adopting from Ethiopia and using Gladney. We recevieved our referral for our daughter, Maryn Tsegerida age 4 and Keller tariku age 18 months September 5th. We are anxiously awaiting a court date! Our blog address iw www.wewillbringthemhome.blogspot.com and my email is wewillbringthemhome@gmail.com

Where in Atlanta do you guys live? We live in Smynra. Hope to meet you at oneof our upcomming get togethers.
Renee

Amy B. said...

I am so glad to have found your site. Yea...another Gladney family! We are also in the process of WAITING for a baby from Ethiopia through Gladney. I will add you to my links so that I can follow your journey. What a beautiful story you have too with your foster children.Amy