Sunday, May 11, 2008
Day 6 and 7 (Saturday and Sunday)
On Saturday, we went souvenir shopping and went up Entoto Mountain.The capital city was once found there, until Empress Taitu moved it down the mountain because of the hot springs. The baby seemed to have a cold today, but her skin is clearing up. We decided to stay our last two nights at the Hilton. I'm actually very sad to be leaving the New Flower, but I wanted to make sure we got showers before we goton our 24 hour flight home. I know we would lose power at least one more time and the Hilton is some how immune to this. We are checking out this morning (Sunday) but we are coming back to the New Flower for a Mother's Day lunch. They are so wonderful here, I know it won't be the same at the Hilton. For those thinking about staying at a guesthouse, we would recommend it! I think the power outages are occuring only in the late spring/early summer, but you can always check on it before leaving. The people here feel like family and they are so helpful. It is also very affordable. Can you tell I feel bad about leaving? The good thing is, you will soon see some pictures. We can get online using the laptop, so we can send some images of our prettygirl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dauray,
I just love reading your blog...what an adventure that you will never forget. We miss you and can't wait to meet you precious daughter!
Hugs & Love
Laura Micko
I love reading your daily updates and can't wait to see pics! We left our guest house for the Sheraton after we couldn't sleep three nights in a row due to its proximity to a night club that went until 5 a.m.! Glad you're having such a wonderful journey and can't wait to read more...
Post a Comment