Monday, May 19, 2008

We're Home!

We have been relaxing at home for the last few days. It was wonderful to get off that plane! I was dreading the flight and we had to fight for a bassinet, but it didn’t end up being that bad. A tip for travelers: ask for the bassinet as soon as you walk up to the counter. We handed the man the tickets and let him get started. He had already issued the tickets when we asked if we had gotten a baby bed. He basically lied and said they were all taken. We wouldn’t have known, except that the other family with us got one after us. We then spent the next two hours begging and pleading for them to change our seats. We thought we didn’t get one and were preparing for a long and hideous trip home. The baby does not sleep well when she is being held, which meant no sleep for her. When we got in the air, they pulled it out for us and I almost kissed the flight attendant! When we arrived home, our mothers and my husband’s uncle were waiting for us. I’ll never forget my mother running and crying through the airport toward us. My mother had dinner ready and one of our best friends came over with her daughter to welcome us home. It was wonderful.

Friday, we took Saida to her first doctor’s visit since being in her new home. They re-vaccinated her which I was very nervous about. They did not trust that vaccines she received in Ethiopia. She screamed so hard, at one point she didn’t even make a sound. Her little tongue just shook in her mouth. I couldn’t stand it! Luckily, she recovered quickly. I wish I was over it!

1 comment:

Kristi W. said...

I've been following your blog since just before you got your referral. It's been fun reading about your adoption journey. Saida is absolutely beautiful! Just wanted to de-lurk myself. :)

Kristi Werre (werrefamily.blogspot.com)